Friday, May 21, 2010

Would i still test positive on a pregnancy test at 40 days post partum?

I gave birth to my daughter by c-section on 7 September, which was almost 40 days ago. Unfortunately she was stillborn and i was only 25 weeks.





I am not bleeding at all anymore. It's just incredibly light spotting.





Do you think i would still test positive on a pregnancy test if i tested myself now?

Would i still test positive on a pregnancy test at 40 days post partum?
I'm sorry for your loss, truly...that must have been awful. I would say not to trust a home pregnancy test at this point...it could be months before your cycles return to normal and that includes ovulation. If you go more than 2 months without a period and are experiencing other symptoms, then I would head in for a blood test personally. Sorry again.
Reply:Pregnancy test can be positive for up to 8 weeks after giving birth, or losing a baby. Wait till 8 weeks to get an accurate result. Dr's also recommend waiting one or two regular cycles before you start trying again.


No comments:

Post a Comment